- Cape to Kunene - 2012
- Day 1 - Getting to Pofadder
- Day 2 - Crossing the Gariep
- Day 5 - On to Spreetshoogte
- Day 6 - Solitaire to Swakopmund
- Day 8 - Spitzkoppe
- Day 9 - White Elephant Ameib Ranch
- Day 9 - White Lady (cont..)
- Day 10 - Twyfelfontein
- Day 11 - Warm Quelle Kowarib
- Day 12 - Sesfontein and Puros
- Day 13 - On to Opuwo via Orupembe
- Day 14 - Epupa Falls and the Kunene
- Day 15 - Ruacana
- Day 16 - On to Okahandja
- Day 17/18 - Okahandja to the RSA border
- Day 19 - We're coming home.
- Last Words
- All Pages
Day 17 - 29 April
We had breakfast in Okahandja at a coffee shop, and were quite disappointed when we realised that Piet se Biltongplek will be closed because it was Sunday! We have sort of lost track of time somewhere along the way. Luckily the waitress at the coffee shop told us of the Kiosk just up the Highway. Without any further ado we turned out of town, and went hunting for billies. We spent the best part of an hour there, placing orders, and having them vacuum packed. O ja, and we were allowed a tasting as well!! Needless to say we bought quite a bit of billies. The rest of the day was spent with family in Windhoek, where we also spent the night.
Day 18 - 30 April
We are on our way home now. As we left Windhoek this realisation sunk in. No more sudden impulsive detours, no more new adventures, just this long boring B1 highway home. In Mariental we stopped at the Spar and bought some of the nice lamb, that went up from R48/kg to R52/kg, must be the drought. Round about Grunau we encountered very strong westerly winds over the plains, and it became quite a job to keep the Hilux on the road. We made Noordoewer at about 4 pm and I was tired, and we decided not to even attempt to cross the border. We booked in to the Noordoewer gastehuis, grabbed a Wimpy burger for dinner and by 8:30 we were in bed sleeping. Leaving the tropics
We passed him a few times.